- Have a goal and motivation to reach your goal. (Campus visits are great motivators.)
- Create a big-picture list of what needs to be accomplished throughout the process.
- Break the project into small pieces and complete the steps one at a time.
- Create a check list and check the boxes so you can visualize your accomplishments.
- Use a calendar and work backwards from the deadlines.
- Start early (freshman year of high school is not too early)
- Use a project manager. (In the case of college admissions, this is an Independent Educational Consultant.)
- Be positive and picture yourself succeeding each step of the way.
Tackled with confidence and a positive attitude, the college application process can be a wonderful experience of self-discovery and can lead to immeasurable rewards.
Sandy Aprahamian, Owner, Independent Educational Consultant, EdNavigators